Study abroad in Japan
Japan is an island nation that sits in the Pacific Ocean on the east coast of Asia. Japan is a country faithful to living life as a work of art. Its monuments, museums, communities and activities are all designed around a devotion to community, a commitment to intentional and particular work and an adherence to the influences of its historical culture. Study abroad in Japan and you’ll enjoy both the historic artistry of the culture and the modern amenities of the country.
Studying abroad in Japan is a learning experience for any student; especially those studying science, technology, finance or industrial design are of interest to you. Japan is amongst the most technologically advanced in the world and its manufacturing of electronics, appliances and motor vehicles is quickly changing the world. It is home to companies like Nintendo and Toyota and is leading the world in scientific and technological research. Its stock exchange and Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency are amongst the most prestigious and aggressive in the world.
As a study abroad student in Japan, you will have the opportunity to learn or hone your Japanese language skills. Learn to use the Japanese Kanji (or Chinese character), two sets of Kana (simplified Chinese characters), the Latin alphabet and Arabic numerals. If learning Japanese doesn’t expose you to enough linguistic challenge, you can find your way to parts of rural Japan where languages like Ryukyuan and Ainu are spoken but quickly disappearing.
- You can explore new and interesting sports like karate, judo and sumo wrestling or enjoy old favorites like surfing, diving and baseball when you study abroad in Japan.
- Japan is home to anime, manga, and karaoke—why not brush up on your drawing skills, read a Japanese comic book and sing your heart out while you’re studying in Japan?
- There are approximately 30 million people living in Japan’s largest city, Tokyo. Living in a large Japanese city will expose you to its dynamic culture, heritage and world-renowned cuisine.
- Studying in Japan will afford you the opportunity to engage in the art of Manabí, study the art of the Samaria, and practice the arts of origami, calligraphy and woodblock printing.
- Japan is decorated with stunningly beautiful scenery and architecture. Simply opening your eyes while you are studying abroad in Japan will make for a breathtaking experience.
- The advertising study field in Japan offers an opportunity to participate in the country beautiful design industry.